Saturday, March 8, 2008

Spark of Creativity

spark

This weekend, Terence from the Seattle Flickr group held a macro class at the Redmond City Library. He had rented several macro lenses for people from LensRentals.com to work on both the Canon and Nikon bodies. Due to some issues with how the group sets up meetings, his class did not fill up until the last week, so when he went to rent the lenses, they were out of stock. However, the owner of LensRentals.com made a deal with him, in that he would order more lenses, and have them dropped shipped to Terence’s house. If a company is willing to do this for a customer, that is company that I would do more business with.

Anyway, one of the objects that were brought in was this spark plug. I though it would be a really interesting photo to have the spark plug with a black background, and then Photoshop'd the electric spark into the image. I told my idea to Terence, and he said that I would be able to do it with a flash. He let me use his PocketWizards and an off camera flash, told me how I should set up the camera to get the effect that I wanted, and taught me why it was going to have that effect. I think this is the best out of the series. Thanks Terence for the help and the knowledge that is probably going to jump start me into using off camera flash more in my photos.

No comments: