Monday, April 7, 2008

Glad I don't work there any more.

I am so glad that I am not working at Boeing any more. I knew that it was a bad move for Boeing to outsourcing their entire computer support system that was highly utilized by the engineers for the new Dreamliner. When I left, the group that was working on the Dreamliner were wanting 24/7 support for the systems that they utilized along with 20 min response times for any issues. That was a lot for full time employees, and I knew that it would never even be possible with the outsourcing that they were wanting to do. So, there is a part of me that wonders if this decision has anything to do with the announcement today from the Seattle business? As of today, Boeing announced that there would be a delay in the delivery of the Dreamliner by almost 6 months. What does this mean...well, more than likely, lay offs.

No comments: