Saturday, May 24, 2008

Woodland Park Zoo


Mommy, can I pet the big kitty?, originally uploaded by wizetux.

Last weekend, I went to the Woodland Park Zoo down in Seattle with the Flickr meetup group. It was a very warm day for the Seattle area with temperatures near 95 degrees. It was a fun day, even though I spend most of it by myself. Heather was feeling ill from the cold that happened to have given her earlier that week, so I went on my own. We were suppose to meet up as a group, but due to traffic I ended up about 15 minutes late. It turned out that most of the group was late by either 30 minutes to an hour, but I didn't know until later that afternoon. So I started making my way around the zoo, and eventually ran into some of the group. It turned out that they had been around the loop in the opposite direction that I was, so I said hi and continued on my way. All in all, at the end of the day, I meet back up with the group at the pavilion and talked and shared photos that we each had gotten.

No comments: